Owning your own modem should be the first step in eliminating cable company modem rental fees. This will save you around $10/mo based on the provider and will pay for itself in 6 months or less.
Currently one of the best and most stable modems ARRIS SURFboard SB6183 is on sale at two of the stores. This modem is capable of reaching download speed of 686 mbps and upload speeds of 131 mbps which should be enough for everyone on coax network.
You can either buy a brand new one at Amazon for $62 after clipping $7 coupon.
Or you can buy refurbished one at Microcenter for $45.
Either way you are getting a great deal.
Here are the main features:
- APPROVED with Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum (Charter, Time Warner, Brighthouse), Cox and more. If not sure call your cable provider to find out if approved to use. REQUIRES Cable Internet Service
- Not compatible with: Verizon, AT&T, or CenturyLink
- Cable Modem only (no WiFi router). 16 download & 4 upload channels
- Internet speeds up to 686 Mbps Download and 131 Mbps Upload based on your cable ISP subscription. Gigabit Ethernet port to connect to computer or router.
- Ideal for streaming HD Video and gaming on multiple devices at a time
- 2 year warranty. Supports IPv4 and IPv6 – the latest Internet standard