Tablo has the old 2-tuner refurbished model on sale for only $89.99. It is a great way to start recording live over-the air TV.
See my comparison of Tablo vs Android TV Live Channels for more detail.
There is a new model available now for $149.99 which adds 64 GB of storage but functionality is the same so this is a good opportunity to save.
Overall Tablo is a great product with the exception of “channel surfing”. There is a delay when switching channels due to the way Tablo operates.
Tablo includes a 30 day trial of our EPG subscription. After this you can choose to continue the subscription for $4.99 USD monthly, $49.99 USD annually or $149.99 USD for a lifetime subscription. Subscriptions are tied to your account and not the device, so you can add as many Tablo units as you’d like to your subscription or change your Tablo unit at any time. Learn more about Tablo’s EPG subscription here.
Refurbished Tablo OTA DVRs are lovingly restored at TabloHQ. All DVRs are tested, updated with new software, and include all parts and accessories. These units are covered by Tablo’s 12 month warranty policy but are NOT eligible for Tablo’s 30-day return policy.
To set up your Tablo 2-Tuner OTA DVR you need:
- An Over-the-Air HDTV antenna
- An internet connection
- A compatible USB hard drive up to 8 TB – this is required both for watching live TV and recording
- A WiFi-enabled computer (Chrome/Safari browser) OR a mobile device (iPad/iPhone w/iOS7+ OR Android smartphone/tablet w/Android 4.1+)
To watch Tablo content on your big screen, you’ll need one of these:
- A Smart TV powered by: Roku, or Android TV, or most LG WebOS 2.0 and 3.0 operating systems; OR
- A Set-Top-Box/Streaming Media Device: Roku, or Amazon Fire TV, or AppleTV, or Nvidia SHIELD, or Xiaomi MiBox; OR
- A Streaming Stick: Roku Stick, or Amazon Fire TV Stick, or a Chromecast dongle (casting from an Android device or Chrome browser); OR
- A Gaming System: Nvidia SHIELD, or XBox One; OR
- An HDMI-enabled computer:
- Tablo web app in Chrome/Safari